At Abyss, our mission is to create innovative AI and robotics solutions, removing the need to put people at risk in dangerous jobs. From deep sea rovers to our recent Moon to Mars Australian Government grant, and emerging technology in Agriculture, there is no challenge that Abyss will shy away from.
A global team collaborating across Australia, America and Pakistan consist of passionate problem solvers who love working on cutting edge technology, while maintaining focus on environmental impact, safety, and cost.
You’ll get to work on complex challenges with a team of experts in: civil, mechanical, machine learning, robotics, data processing and software engineering.
- To pioneer autonomous systems that enable inspections at scale
- We are Innovative
- We are Agile
- We are Transparent
- We act with Integrity
- We strive for Excellence
- No Egos
Software / Operations Engineers are one of the most important teams in Abyss. They liaise with internal customers to deliver complex, time-dependent data processing solutions. Incoming data includes LIDAR, sonar, ML inference, spatial point cloud, CAD P&ID, and visual artifacts. The team is responsible for processing and addressing issues with our data processing pipelines, in order to deliver deep insights to customers.
The team comprises highly competent software engineers, civil engineering and data processing specialists with skills in data science, computer vision, and civil engineering. Career progression options into software engineering, project management, asset integrity, and field operations exist.
About The Job
- Work with field engineers, Asset integrity engineers and software engineers, to incorporate a wide range of data into data processing pipelines.
- Utilize Python to continuously find ways of effectively cleaning and processing data.
- Processing metadata in CAD models
- Investigate and wrangle data from imaging, video, Sonar, LIDAR, IMU sensors.
- Help build and support best practices for data management and software development within the team.
- Participate in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with software engineering, machine learning, field robotics, business development and support teams to solve new and interesting problems.
More than 1-2 years of relevant experience is required
- Python software development;
- Regular expressions in Python are a significant advantage;
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills;
- Feel at home in a Linux environment;
- Strong experience with Linux shell scripting;
- Experienced in use of a source control system with a branching development methodology, ideally git;
- Experience with 3D CAD models is preferred;
- Software debugging and unit testing experience;
- 1 year above of Software debugging and unit testing experience;
- Basic understanding of computer vision, data science, data processing, CAD, point clouds;
- Experience with tools such as MetaShape, Cloud Compare, NavisWorks;
- A great attention to detail and an intense desire to get things done;
A bachelor’s level qualification in mechatronics or software/CS background academically is required. A Masters level qualification in a relevant field of engineering and/or management is preferred.
How To Apply
Please note that international applicants and internal applicants will NOT be considered at this time!
You Can See Other Positions Available At Abyss Here
Automation Machinery Manufacturing